NOTE: As of 6/22/20 we have instituted a Waitlist due to unprecedented demand. You can join the Waitlist once you are signed into your LibertyX account in the app. As a token of our appreciation, we are waiving all conversion fees at Chain Retailers through 7/31/20 so the only fee you will pay is the $4.95 retailer service fee and your selected miner fee. See the LibertyX Terms of Service for more details.
LibertyX Chain Retailers are the newest additions to our nationwide network. Now you can use LibertyX and purchase bitcoin from 20,000 chain locations, including CVS. LibertyX Chain Retailers are currently not available in New York State.
How to purchase bitcoin from a LibertyX Chain Retailer
Minimum purchase: $20
Maximum daily purchase: $500 (You can purchase up to your LibertyX daily limit but only $500 can come from LibertyX Chain Retailers)
* There is a $4.95 retailer service fee per transaction regardless of how much cash you add to your LibertyX account.
- Download LibertyX app and sign up for a free account
- Tap “Start Purchase”
- Enter your bitcoin address
- Select purchase location and tap "Add Cash" to generate barcode
- Cashier scans barcode at retailer
- Pay between $20 and $500; account is credited within 10 minutes ($4.95 retailer service fee)
- Tap "Convert to bitcoin" button in LibertyX app
- Bitcoin is sent! Your purchase is complete.
Differences between Chain Retailers and Independent Retailers / ATMs
Purchasing from a Chain Retailer is slightly different if you have used LibertyX at our Independent Retailers or ATMs.
First, instead of generating a LibertyX order number, you will generate a barcode to give to the cashier. Second, when you are paying cash at the participating Chain Retail location, you will first add cash to your LibertyX account. After the payment is complete, the balance shows up in your LibertyX account. Click "Convert to bitcoin" button in the app to complete your bitcoin purchase.