Bitcoin is very much a grassroots movement and we are happy to support local businesses. We have thousands of Independent Retailer locations where you can purchase bitcoin from a cashier. These locations are often family owned business and cover all types of industries, including:
- Convenience stores
- Mobile phone retailers
- Grocery stores
- Electronic stores
- Check cashers
Purchases at Independent Retailers have the following limits:
Minimum purchase: $1
Maximum daily purchase: Up to $3,000 depending on your verification level
How to buy bitcoin from a LibertyX Independent Retailer
- Download LibertyX app and sign up for a free account
- Tap "Start purchase"
- Enter your bitcoin wallet address
- Select purchase location to generate LibertyX order number
- Give your order number to the cashier, along with your desired purchase amount.
- Pay the cashier and wait for your receipt.
- Bitcoin is sent! Your purchase is complete.
Some LibertyX Independent Retailers accept debit card payments. You can search for retailers that accept debit cards by using the "Debit Card" filter on the LibertyX store locater.
The only difference between cash and debit card payments is in Step 6, the cashier will ask you to insert your debit card, enter your PIN and sign the debit terminal screen.